The harsher winter weather takes its toll on your hair and skin, but have you considered the effects on your oral health? Follow our easy tips to keep your mouth healthy this winter.
- It’s the cold and flu season but did you realise many cough syrups and throat bodies are packed full of sugar and are highly acidic? If you need these medicines, be sure to brush your teeth frequently.
- Consider taking vitamin C tablets to boost your immune system and strengthen your gums. Vitamin C helps your body to produce collagen and keeps blood vessels healthy.
- The drier colder weather can cause a cold sore or canker sore outbreak. Make sure you protect the delicate area around your mouth using a moisturiser with an SPF protection. Wash your hands frequently to prevent any bacteria from entering your mouth.
- If you do have a canker sore outbreak, try making a warm saltwater rinse by dissolving a teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water. This helps to cleanse the affected area, so it heals more quickly.
- Don’t forget to use lip balm and reapply it frequently.